Try Polish and Pomeranian flavors in these top Gdansk restaurants
Whether it’s your first time or a return visit to Gdansk dine at these select six restaurants offering regional and traditional cuisine worth trying. Delicious and unique old Gdansk and Kashubian recipes made from mostly locally sourced, seasonal ingredients can be found on menus of these top restaurants. With the region located on the Baltic Sea coastline, seafood dishes dominate but there’s also duck, goose, wild game and plenty of healthy fruit and vegetable creations.
1. Pod Lososiem restaurant’s menu embodies the very best of Polish and regional fare in a fancy atmosphere. The restaurant is one of the oldest and best known restaurants in Gdansk and it is here that the famous Goldwasser Vodka was first distilled in 1598. Visit their website to view full menu and address: Pod Lososiem/Under the Salmon
2. Head to Gdanska restaurant for delicious roast duck breast with red cabbage and herring salad Presidential style. Visit their website to view full menu and address: Gdanska Restaurant
3. Velevetka Regional Restaurant offers dishes from regional Pomeranian and Kashubian cuisine. The interior of the restaurant is decorated in bright and cheerful Kashubian folk art. Visit their website to view full menu and address: Velevetka Regional Restaurant
4. Tawerna Mestwin is the place in Gdansk to experience authentic Kashubian cuisine and feel at home! Visit their website to view full menu and address: Tawerna Mestwin
5. Brovarnia Gdansk – Restaurant & Brewery in Hotel Gdansk offers award winning freshly brewed beer and “Old Gdansk” cuisine in a relaxed atmosphere. Eat, drink and sleep at Brovarnia restaurant and hotel Gdansk for one of the most memorable experiences this city has to offer! Visit their website to view full menu and address: Brovarnia Gdansk
6. Metamorfoza restaurant’s menu mixes traditional Polish cuisine with flavors borrowed from other world cuisines as well as the art and science of molecular gastronomy. Best quality awaits as dishes are prepared with fresh, regionally sourced ingredients and that includes fresh catch fish brought in daily by local fisherman. Visit their website to view full menu and address: Metamorfoza Restaurant
Want more from your culinary adventure in Gdansk? Take a class at the Pomerania Kulinary Academy! Visit their website for selection of classes which include, for example, a class just on the preparation of various herring dishes or Kashubian regional recipes and address: Pomerania Kulinary Academy in Gdansk
Let us help you discover Pomeranian beauty and cuisine on our week-long, September 16 – September 22, 2012 culinary tour of the region : “Coastal Cooking in Pomerania and Gdansk”!
Smacznego! – Enjoy!
You may also like our earlier blog story about Pomerania: “Explore Pomerania’s Culinary Riches”